The Course at Dunbar is laid out on the land where Oliver Cromwell's army camped prior to the Battle of Dunbar in 1650. It is known that golf was played in the Dunbar area at least as early as the beginning of the 17th century.
Dunbar East Links, situated on the estuary of the Firth of Forth, is a combination of links and inland turf, laid out on a narrow stretch of land, which follows the natural contours of the coastline. The main features include the Old Deer Park wall running the length of the course, Barns Ness lighthouse at the 9th and the ruined building known as 'The Vaults' at the 14th green. The 9th through 12th are the most testing holes but the closing stretch with the rocky beach ready to accept the mildest of slices can also ruin a good score.
The course measures 6426 yards with a par of 71 and has hosted many tournaments including the Scottish Amateur Championship, Scottish Professional and the Scottish Boys' Championship.
|Address:||East Links, Dunbar, EH42 1LL|
|Course Architect:||Old Tom Morris|
|Practice Facilities:||Short Game Area|
|Guest Locker Rooms:||Yes|